Personal and business accounting services
MCG Accountants is an Adelaide-based accounting firm offering the full suite of services for all your personal and business accounting needs.
We provide a unique offering in the accounting market. Quality service and technical capabilities that you would expect at the ‘premium’ end of the market, at a price that is highly competitive against other small practitioners.
MCG Accountants Director, Michael Crawford has over 20 years experience in the small-to-medium business market, having worked for a range of accounting firms in Adelaide, from a sole practitioner to one of SA’s largest.
He is well respected for his tax knowledge in the SA market and has presented technical tax updates to numerous forums over the years.
Personal tax returns
We take the time to truly understand your personal and work situation and ensure that you get access to all the deductions that are relevant to you.
We work with tax rules every day so we enjoy making the process as easy as possible for you.
We welcome you to make a time for a 15 minute free consultation about our process and how we can work with you to ensure you get the refund you deserve.
If you’d like to go ahead and book a time to meet with Michael to complete your tax return for 2017, please click the button below.
Tax time can be daunting!
For your personal tax return, we aim to make the entire process as easy and stress-free as possible.
All your work is carried out by a highly qualified Chartered Accountant, Michael Crawford, who will ensure you get the refund you deserve and our use his vast knowledge and experience to make the process easy for you. He can guide you through the steps to ensure all aspects are covered off thoroughly.
We are taxation specialists with over 20 years experience.
You can meet with us at the office, or contact us to complete it over the phone or email.
Self Managed Super Funds
Are you considering a Self Managed Super Fund?
We can look after all your SMSF setup and administrative task, freeing up time for other things.
To help you set-up the fund we can:
- prepare the Trust Deed
- complete the incorporation of Corporate Trustee
- complete the ATO registrations including TFN and ABN
- prepare full suite of minutes for both trustees and members.
We can also take care of all the ongoing administration of the fund:
- act as your investment mail house
- prepare quarterly or half-yearly investment reports
- manage a detailed CGT register
With over 20 years of experience in attending to SMSF accounting and taxation services, we can also help with:
- preparation of annual financial statements
- preparation and lodgement of the SMSF annual tax return
- preparation of detailed investment reports
- preparation of all minutes required for the audit of the SMSF
- obtaining an actuarial certificate where relevant
- liaison with the Australian Taxation Office
All our services are completed in Australia by accountants with Australian qualifications. We provide a quote before we start any work on your SMSF.
Help for your business
We work closely with all clients to provide the right mix of taxation and business services to meet your needs. Our focus is with small to medium businesses, and we work with many to grow their business over the years. You may need help with the start-up aspects of a business, preparation of annual financial statements, or more frequent accounts and support.
We specialise in taxation and business consulting for small to medium businesses and our highly qualified Chartered Accountants provide you with “big business” technical solutions at a very reasonable price.
As a Certified Advisor we also offer monthly packages incorporating the powerful Xero online accounting software.
At MCG Accountants we take pride in being engaged in your business, working with you in determining where your business is headed and how you are going to get there. To this end we provide the following services:
- Management Accounting
- Restructuring advice
- Business start up
- Profit improvement
- Succession planning
- Asset protection
- Finance review
We offer a range of options designed to suit different businesses. Our most popular packages are outlined below.
We understand that each business is unique and each owner has different needs. The packages detailed below are flexible and additional services can be added or removed to give you exactly what you want.
What’s cloud accounting?
Cloud accounting is a new and improved version of traditional accounting software. You access it via any web browser from any device, similar to logging onto internet banking.
This will help make your life easier – some benefits are:
- Automatic bank and credit card feeds eliminate manual data entry.
- You never need to again load accounting software on your computer, taking up much needed room. Updates to your cloud accounting happen automatically so you’ll benefit from continual improvement.
- Live up-to-date accounting means less time looking in the rear view mirror and more time focused on the now and the future. Make better business decisions with up-to-date data at your fingertips.
- Removes the added costs of engaging both a bookkeeper and an accountant.
- There are literally hundreds of apps available which can maximise the performance of your cloud accounting package. Imagine the simplicity of taking a photo of your invoice with your phone and having that upload automatically into your cloud accounting package.
There are many options available on the cloud accounting market and we have experience with most of these. We can work with you with any software you choose – just contact us directly for a chat.
However, we do find Xero to be the most seamless and user-friendly cloud accounting system currently available and so have included this option in our service packages detailed below.
The packages provide great security and comfort knowing what charges to expect throughout the year. We’ll act as your in-house accountant with monthly support as well as phone/email support offered in each package.